MEDIA CONTACT: KAYE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. 561-392-5166
BONNIE S. KAYE firstname.lastname@example.org (C) 561-756-3099
JON A. KAYE email@example.com (C) 561-756-3097
JON A. KAYE firstname.lastname@example.org (C) 561-756-3097
HENRIETTA, COUNTESS DE HOERNLE GCSJ, MMSJ
Our Legend, Her Legacy
“GIVE WHILE YOU LIVE, SO YOU KNOW WHERE IT GOES.”
“I’M AN AMERICAN BY CHOICE.”
“GIVING STARTS AT HOME AND BOCA RATON IS MY HOME.”
--Henrietta, Countess de Hoernle
ROBUST NEW WEB SITE AND FACEBOOK PAGE NOW LIVE FOR
HENRIETTA, COUNTESS DE HOERNLE’S 100th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Community Invited to Visit Website Often and “Like” Facebook Fan Page
For Updates on “Our Legend, Her Legacy” C100 Birthday Gala, Record-Breaking Birthday Card Initiative, and Red, White & Boca-Blue Countess Appreciation Day
BOCA RATON, FL (July 9, 2012) – A new web site and Facebook page are now live to help celebrate Henrietta, Countess de Hoenle’s 100th birthday (C100) and report news about several ways in which the community can participate in the tribute to “Our Legend, Her Legacy”. Fans can keep up on frequently updated details regarding “all things Countess” at the two new online hot-spot hubs for information: www.Countess100.org and www.facebook.com/countess100 for which fans are encouraged to “like” and “share”.
Directed by C100 CEO Greg Schultz and C100 Media Relations Chair Joe Maltese, the commemorative website and online Facebook social page content and design were developed in collaboration by C100 Communications Partners: Silver Patron and Web/Online Event Partner Forté Interactive, Inc. (www.forteinteractive.com), Multimedia & Social Media Event Partner New Epic Media, Inc. (www.newepicmedia.com), and C100 Sapphire Benefactor and Strategic Communications and Community and Media Relations Event Partner Kaye Communications, Inc. (www.kcompr.com).
“These two ‘official’ C100 online news hubs were created to help the community learn more about the Countess and how to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event that will honor her while fulfilling her personal 100th birthday wish of raising significant dollars to benefit Boca Raton nonprofits,” reports Joe Maltese. “Each has been designed to be extremely simple and easy to navigate and share, filled with interesting and endearing facts on the Countess, and provide details on the variety of meaningful opportunities in which to join in the festivities planned. In addition to visiting the site for ‘new’ news on a regular basis, companies, organizations, families, and individuals can effortlessly register online to fulfill the Countess’s birthday wish by becoming a gala underwriter, sponsor, or journal advertiser, purchase gala tables and individual seats, and more.”
Web site visitors will learn about:
• The Countess’s personal life, meaningful philosophies in philanthropy, honors and recognitions
• Her philanthropic history, donating more than $40 million of her own funds to support vital nonprofit missions in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County and New York that includes the naming of more than 50 buildings with 40 buildings located in the greater Boca Raton area.
• The number of nonprofit boards on which the Countess has served (sometimes 16 at one time).
• Permanent collection of The Countess’s regalia, honorary degrees from Lynn University and Northwood University, awards, plaques, shields and commemorative photographs on display at Spanish River Library (curated by the Boca Raton Historical Society).
• The “Our Legend, Her Legacy” 100th Birthday Gala held on her actual birthday, September 24th (including sponsorship opportunities, commemorative journal ads and birthday wishes, online ticket purchasing, and more).
• How to be included in the C100 Gala Commemorative Journal that will be housed in the historical archives of the Library of Congress, and the State of Florida and Boca Raton Historical Societies
• C100 Presenting Sponsor: Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller Commandery of Florida and its membership, a local unit of an international and ancient organization that dates back to 1048 AD, providing for the sick and the poor worldwide.
• How Boca area residents, nonprofits, schools, companies and City and County officials and staff can participate in:
• Efforts for a heart-warming, record-breaking birthday card initiative that will launch this summer; the card will be assembled to debut at the gala (details to soon be announced)
• Communitywide “Red, White & Boca-Blue” Countess Appreciation Day on her birthday, September 24, 2012
To learn more about the Countess, the gala, sponsorships, and tickets, as well as updates and how to participate in the “Red, White & Boca-Blue Countess Appreciation Day” festivities, visit www.countess100.org and www.youtube.com/user/Countess100Gala; “Like” Countess on Facebook (www.facebook.com/countess100), and/or call Gala Chair Isabelle K. Paul (561) 391-3424.
About The C100 Birthday Gala: On Henrietta, Countess de Hoernle’s Birthday, Monday, September 24, 2012
To celebrate Henrietta, Countess de Hoernle’s immense selfless contributions to the community in royal style, the “Our Legend, Her Legacy” themed benefit gala will be held at Boca West Country Club with more than 700 dignitaries and community, business, and nonprofit leaders donned in black or white tie, military or Scottish equivalent, tiaras, regalia, and decorations for dinner, music, multi-media tributes, dancing, and reminiscing. The evening’s program will include a video retrospective and presentation of a gigantic birthday card signed by thousands from the community she has long supported.
Presented by the Order of St. John, Chaired Dame Isabelle K. Paul DCGSJ and Vice-Chair Dame Alyce E. Erickson DSJ with Honorary Chairs Christine Lynn and Barbara and Dick Schmidt, the event is being held as a benefit to fulfill the Countess’s 100th birthday wish of raising significant funds to benefit Boca Raton area nonprofits. Sponsorships at various levels, commemorative journal tribute ads and birthday greetings, tables of 10 and individual seats at $375 per person are available at www.countess100.org. The gala’s program journal will be sent to the Library of Congress, and the Florida State and Boca Raton Historical Societies for inclusion in their historic archives.
About The Countess, “Our Legend, Her Legacy”:
Managing her charitable work from her home since 1981 without any staff, the Countess de Hoernle has selflessly given away more than $40 million of her personal funds to local charities while serving on 16 boards of directors each year for more than 25 years, for more than 30 different charities in her lifetime. Serving as an indelible and inspiring role model of philanthropy with wisdom and grace, there are more than 40 buildings named in her honor throughout Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, New York and abroad. For more, visit www.countess100.org.
About The Presenting Sponsor:
The Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller Commandery of Florida
The Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller, under Royal Charter and Constitution granted by His Late Majesty King Peter II of Yugoslavia is one of the oldest orders of chivalry in existence and has raised funds to benefit the sick and the poor of the world since 1048 A.D. The Countess is its patroness and holder of the Order’s Grand Cross of Justice and Medal of Merit. The gala on the occasion of her 100th birthday is organized by the OSJ Commandery of Florida, a not-for-profit charitable 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization.